Just a few days to go until the the Pattern workshop now, so I spent an hour or so experimenting with printing some of the printing blocks I made in response to my visit to Charleston a few weeks ago.
I started with a few test prints:
Then I experimented with ink coverage and tested to see if printing without the block would be successful:
Next, the repeat patterns! I tried both ordered and more random designs. Firstly on paper:
and next onto fabric:
Finally, a test onto a canvas bag. Newspaper was sandwiched between the layers. I’ll use this as the basis for more patterns and colours – larger circles printed randomly over the spirals would make this design more dynamic.
I can’t wait for Tuesday to see what everyone else comes up with!